of the Month
December 2003: I
Never Promised You A Rose Garden
The December edition of the ANG Stitch of the Month is a special holiday present to all our visitors. "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden" is a design that uses many of the Stitches of the Month for 2003.
When stitched on 18-count canvas, the finished size of Rose Garden is 7" x 7", which is a good size for a box top, pillow insert, tote bag, etc.
These are the materials I chose when I stitched the model:
- 13" x 13" piece of 18-count French Blue canvas
- Thread A Trebizond Silk TRA 765 Ponderosa Green - 1 spool green
- Thread B Very Velvet V265 - 1 card red
- Thread C Trebizond Silk TRA 481 Fuchsia - 2 spools pink
- Thread D #8 Kreinik Metallic Braid 242HL - 2 spools magenta sunset
- Thread E Soie Perlee 14M Blanc - 1 spool white
- Thread F Trebizond Silk TRA 483 Fuchsia - 1 spool darker pink
You can use any type and color of threads you wish, and any count and color of canvas you wish, as long as the threads you choose will work on the canvas mesh size you've chosen.
- When you work the individual areas of the design, it's important that you don't drag your thread behind any areas of the canvas that will remain open.
- As shown, the design has no stitched background, but there are suggestions for background stitches and thread at the end of these directions.
"Rose Garden" creator David McCaskill and the members of the ANG Internet Committee worked the design using a variety of threads and colors. Take a look at our results!
Experiment with stitches and with colors, but most of all have fun and enjoy!
This page may be printed and reproduced in its entirety by ANG Chapters for publication in their newsletters.