Workshop by Mail for ANG Web Site
By Kathy Larsen, Workshop by Mail Chairperson
SERENGETI, by Pamela Harding
Available June 1st through September 30, 2017
Invoking the colors of Africa, Serengeti is a study in adjusting stitch elements to fit an area, rather than just compensating. Forty five blocks of various sizes provide interest and diversity with multiple stitch variations. Threads used to create Serengeti are derived from an overdyed Waterlilies using a variety of silk (Florimell, Belle Soie, Silk Bella, Splendor), bamboo, and metallic threads. Come join us on the journey!
Proficiency Level: Advanced Intermediate
Design Size: 9" x 9" on 13" x 13" Congress Cloth (or 13" x 15" if lacing canvas to stretcher bars)
Kits are available from Ms. Harding through December 31, 2017. The kit includes fabric, all threads, and two 8x10 photos. Contact information is in the instructions.
Pamela Harding was a self-taught embroiderer in multiple techniques until she had her first needlepoint class in 1995. The rest, they say, is history! She likes all types of needlepoint and explores bringing different techniques to her canvas work based on her extensive training with national teachers and expertise with other embroidery techniques. She is also studying to become certified in Japanese Embroidery.
Pamela's desire to learn as much as she could about needlepoint resulted in numerous awards in exhibits, including the Tish Holland for canvas embellishment at the national seminar. She has taught at the national, regional and local levels and her students appreciate her teaching style.
Registration Dates are June 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017. The preferred method of distribution for this project is a pdf file e-mailed to the registrant.
Payment: The fee schedule is as follows:
$40 (Electronic distribution via e-mail)
$50 (Paper copy mailed to address within the United States)
$55 (Paper copy mailed to address outside of the United States)
All payments are final.
You must be a member of ANG to register.
To pay by credit card using Authorize.net, use the link below. You do not need to mail or fax a filled-out registration form if you pay via Authorize.net. The Registrar will receive your registration information directly from Authorize.net. (Authorize.net accepts all major credit cards.)
- Click here if you are paying using Authorize.net. Your username is the email address ANG has on file for you, and if you do not know your username or password, you can retrieve it on the first page of the Authorize.net process.
- Please note that you must indicate the distribution method you want - electronic via email, or via the U.S. Postal Service.
- If you are not paying by Authorize.net, please print out the Registration Form. Fill out the form, indicating your payment method and your distribution method. Then use one of our mail-in options:
- To pay by check or money order, mail your filled-out registration form to the address below and include your check or money order made payable to ANG. Please include your membership number on your check.
- To pay by credit card directly to ANG (ANG accepts MasterCard or Visa), mail your filled-out registration form and payment information to the address below, or fax the form to the fax number below.
ANG Workshop by Mail
2424 American Lane
Madison, WI 53704-3102
Your completed registration form and check or credit card information must be postmarked or faxed, or your Authorize.net purchase must be made, by September 30, 2017.
Electronic Distribution: If you have not received an email with the instructions within two weeks, please notify the Registrar at WorkshopByMailRegistrar@needlepoint.org.
Mailings: Orders will be filled once each month. If you have not received your instructions within six weeks of registering, please notify the Registrar at WorkshopByMailRegistrar@needlepoint.org.
Questions: If you have any questions about ANG’s Workshop by Mail, send an email to the program Chairman at WorkshopByMail@needlepoint.org or to the Registrar mailing address.