|Number of Lessons:
|Length of Class:
#18 canvas, brown
3" x 3"
$0 PDF or $30 color printout
$7 color printout
Learn the classic techniques of beautiful Bargello stitching, while creating 20 golden ornaments!
The course covers the following topics:
- What is the Bargello building? Where is it? Why is it important?
- Traditional Bargello and Modern Bargello.
- Definitions of Bargello, Florentine, Flame, Hungarian Point, Irish Stitch, symmetrical and asymmetrical four-way Bargello.
- When can Bargello be worked with a single color?
- Different stitching paths to get good coverage.
- Avoiding distortion.
- Adding non-Bargello stitches.
- How to achieve color separation through tints and shades of gold and light refraction.
- Regular and consistent patterns, twilled, graduated, and staggered patterns.
- Combining different patterns laterally, even if twilled or graduated.
- Exposed and covered burden work.
- Instructions on making up the ornaments, including instructions on how to do beaded cording.
The extensive booklet with its definitions, clear color computerized diagrams and charts, step by step photographs, and bibliography can serve as a permanent reference.
Students are encouraged to “bust their stash” and use any sort of thread suitable for 18-count canvas, and any colors. No kits will be offered.
ALL PURCHASES ARE NON REFUNDABLE