- Distance Learning
- Support ANG
- About ANG
|Seminar 2019: Exhibits|
Registration is now closed for ANG Seminar Exhibits.
click on any of the links below for information:
2019 Seminar Exhibit
1. Entry in the Exhibit is restricted to members of ANG in good standing, youth entries, and invited entries. All entries must conform to the ANG definition of needlepoint: Counted or free stitchery worked by hand with a threaded needle on a readily counted ground.
2. ANG welcomes a group display of non-judged Chapter Projects. We also welcome judged or non-judged Group Entries. Please contact the secretary (email@example.com) for additional information.
3. Works previously entered in judged categories of an ANG Seminar Exhibit are not eligible for entry.
4. The Exhibit Entry Form and the information it contains are the responsibility of the exhibitor: Submission in the proper category is the exhibitor’s responsibility. If the judges decide that an entry has been submitted in an improper category, the entry may be moved to the correct category. The decision of the judges is final. All entries submitted for judging will be judged unless disqualified.
5. You MUST include an Artist’s Statement with an entry in the Original or Adaptation category. Include the name of the entry on the Artist’s Statement; do not include your name. The statement must be typed, double-spaced, and fit on approximately one page along with the original sketches and/or photographs.
6. You may request a written critique by one of the Exhibit judges for an additional fee of $25 per critique on the Exhibit Entry Form. Multiple piece entries requesting critiques will receive a critique of one to two individual pieces of the judge’s choice.
7. Each exhibitor will receive the judges' scores electronically within one week of the conclusion of the Exhibit.
8. ANG strongly recommends that glass or Plexiglas be removed before a piece is submitted to the Exhibit. Aside from breakage in transit, needlework under glass creates a glare. It is difficult to judge these items because light reflection casts shadows, and stitches may appear distorted. Any piece with glass or Plexiglas will automatically have five (5) points deducted from the score in the finishing element, unless the judges deem such use is an integral part of the design and/or presentation.
9. No entry shall exceed 132 inches circumference, including the frame, nor weigh more than 10 pounds.
10. Pieces to be hung must have picture wire from edge to edge, with no saw-tooth, center-hanging devices. The exhibitor may include suggestions for display; ANG will make the final decision.
11. Complete Section I of the Exhibit Entry Form, for each entry. Also complete the ANG Photo Release Form (www.needlepoint.org). Photo Release is required from the Designer and Teacher (if different than Designer).
12. The Exhibitor is responsible for adequately insuring pieces during transit. ANG will provide insurance for the stated value of the item while it is in our custody. If you do not specify a value, ANG will insure the entry for $125.
13. Shipped entries must arrive no earlier than July 21, 2019 and no later than August 7, 2019.
• Each Exhibit Entry must have the Exhibit Entry Identification Form securely attached on the back side.
• Hand-delivered entries must be presented to the Exhibit Chair at the Seminar Exhibit Hall on Monday August 12, 2019, between 8 a.m. and noon.
NO EXCEPTIONS TO DELIVERY DEADLINES WILL BE MADE.
14. The exhibitor must include a prepaid, return shipping label with sufficient insurance coverage and a tracking number from UPS or Fed Ex if they wish their piece to be returned in a timely manner. If the exhibitor fails to include a prepaid shipping label, they will be billed for shipping, and the pieces will not be returned until the shipping bill is paid. This could mean a delay of a month or more before the piece is returned. Any pieces that remain unclaimed 30 days after the close of Seminar will be donated to the ANG Auction.
15. To retrieve a piece from the Exhibit, you, or your designee, must present your Personal Pickup Slip as proof of authorization for the pickup of that piece. Pickup will be at the Seminar Exhibit Hall on Monday, August 19, 2019 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
16. One “Exhibitor” pin will be given to each exhibitor, regardless of the number of entries.